Sunday, November 15, 2015

Honesty

Proverbs 19:1
Better to be poor and honest
      Than to be dishonest and fool. (NLT)

One afternoon, I found a fried seller. I stop there because I was so hungry and I think I can fill my stomach with some fries. I stopped and buy some fries there. After I finish eating, I asked to the seller, "How much should I pay mam?" She answered, "7,500 rupiah sir." I search for my wallet and took a piece of IDR 10,000 banknote. She tried to search for the change, and after she found it, she gave it to me. I receive it with a smile and say thank-you to her. I directly go to the parking field and take my motorcycle to go home. I just sat on my motorcycle and try to click my helmet when I heard that someone is calling my name. I wonder who is calling me. I turn my body and found that the same lady that sell fries is running to get me. After I ask why she run to get me, she told me that she gave a wrong change. After I checked it, I found that the she is wrong in giving 500 coin with 100 coin. She replace the 100 coin with the 500 coin. I wonder why she is so honest. Actually she can keep it. Anyway, it was just 400 rupiah. Because of this, I make I always buy fries from this lady. Her honesty gave me a secure heart to buy her fries.
The same as us. Our honesty worth more than our appearance. Of course we didn't want to marry a beautiful girl or a handsome guy that has a habit to lie. We would like an honest person. The same thing in the workplace. A boss would like an honest worker. Honesty makes us more valuable. Remember that a person's value is not determined bi his/her appearance, but by his/her honesty.

No comments:

Post a Comment